Wednesday 12 January 2011

Regime Change

I have been training now for just over 8 days. So far I have been managing with my new lifestlye. I wake up, I eat, I train, eat then train, eat then sleep!

After running 8 miles with weight on me and doing some interval training I am too tired to do anything else. Even make music.  The goal of the regime is not only to be physically fit. But mentally prepered for the run. I also have to start working on other skills such as navigational and survival. The aim of the training is to become as strong as possible carrying the minimal amount of weight In other words have a little body fat as possible. (This will change three weeks before hand where we will consume more calories to gain some weight to counter the invetible weight loss of the run).

I am now running with some Brookes Beast shoes. They really have helped my posture, they cost nearly 100 pounds but it is a worthwhile investment. The last thing I want to do is get injured before the run. Running during the winter months is great character building and its even better by the sea.

Just about to smash 7 miles out, I am on target for my 30 miles of running this week. #

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment