Saturday 24 December 2011

2012 Challenges.

During 2012 I will be upping the stakes in my Endurance events, I will be seeking to set new World Records and gain new skills which will eventually help me tackle the Triple Enduroman .

My first event will be Trafalgar Halls x200 this will take place on the 24th of March. This will follow the standard formula for the Trafalgar Halls Challenges which I completed last year. The Challenge consists of running up and down a 65 Meter building 400 times, ( one succesfull climb is one full ascent and descent) and at the bottom of each descent completing 20 military style press ups. I will attempt to do these in under 24 hours.

On May the 24th I will attempt a 240 mile indoor cycle rid, to help me train in attempting a world record attempt of cycling from London to Lockerbie (Scotland) in under 24 hours (a total distance of over 370 Miles) which I aim to complete in late June time.

In the summer of 2013 I will be embarking on my second expedition. I will run a 108 mile ultra Marathon from (Southport) Liverpool to Hull. Then I will row from Hull to the Hague in Holland ( a distance of 250 Miles) followed by a 1500 Mile Cycle ride to Istanbul Turkey in under 30 days.


Many people do not grasp the reasons behind why I choose to do these things.  I am often called "insane" for wanting to put myself through such pain for no obvious reward. I will never be able to explain my reasoning  to those that raise such questions for they are the same people who stand stuck on the sidelines, raised in the stands, observing men and women who say "enough with the questions" and perform to the curious masses.

My actions are not unique. Dig below the service, and you will find men and women who reside at the forefront of Human advancement. Men and women who are not afraid to put everything on the line just to see what they are made of. Be they Racing drivers, Fighters or Ultra Endurance Athletes. I am also working with Water Aid in helping people across the world less fortunate then I am have the basic Human tools to develop into balanced and healthy people.

I am doing my bit, I wont raise nearly as much money as some people say I deserve to simply because I am not one to endlessly talk of my past actions or flaunt my services to the world.

Merry Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment